- Height: 6'5"
- Weight: 235 lbs
- Date of Birth: November 13, 1963
- Hometown: Brooklyn, New York
- College: University of Miami
- Mascot: Sebastian the Ibis
- High School: Sewanhaka High School
- Position: Quarterback (QB)
- Draft: 1st round, 1st overall, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1987
Vinny Testaverde was born on November 13, 1963 in Brooklyn, New York. He was a standout quarterback at the University of Miami, setting the school’s all-time mark with 46 career touchdown passes. He won numerous awards his senior season at Miami, including First-Team All-American honors and college football’s most celebrated award, the Heisman Trophy. Upon graduating from Miami, Testaverde was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with the first overall pick of the 1987 NFL Draft.
Testaverde has enjoyed a lengthy and successful NFL career. He has played 20 years in the NFL, setting an NFL record by throwing at least one touchdown pass every season. After starting off his career with six seasons at Tampa Bay, Testaverde has spent the last 14 seasons with the Cleveland Browns, Baltimore Ravens, New York Jets, Dallas Cowboys, and New England Patriots. He is a two-time Pro Bowler (1996 and 1998) with career totals through 2006 of 45, 281 passing yards, a 56.6 completion percentage, and 270 touchdown passes.
Career Highlights, Awards, and Accolades:
- Two-time Pro Bowler (1996 and 1998)